For some reason, I woke up this morning recalling an incident that had happened almost 4 years ago. After working all day and all night on an entry for a 24 hour film festival at the Oak Street Cinema, I had raced across town on my bike to get my submission in on time. Having not slept, and not left my computer for approximately 18 hours, I did not feel my most presentablewhen I arrived at the theater and was met by a news crew doing a story for the nightly. I denied them permission to interview me or to use footage of me in their broadcast. But later, I watched the broadcast anyway to see if I had made the cut.
I awoke to this curious reminisince this morning, and was shocked when, an hour later, a reporter phoned from Channel 5 to ask me to comment on the recount. Apparently my vote was one of the contested, rejected ballots now being counted. Still recovering from a New Year's Eve hangover, I declined the opportunity but took the man's name and number, promising I would contact him if I changed my mind. My mind wandered as I wondered where I could get a chicken costume...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment